1908 – Former Bank of Nova Scotia, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Darling & Pearson

bank_nova_scotia3

bank_nova_scotia4bank_nova_scotia4bank_nova_scotia40004bank_nova_scotia_internal1_lge

bank_nova_scotia_internal1_lgebank_nova_scotia_internal1_lgebank_nova_scotia_internal1_lgebank_nova_scotia_internal1_lgebank_nova_scotia_internal1_lge

Designed by Toronto architects Darling & Pearson, the former Bank of Nova Scotia was the first bank to be erected away from “Banker’s Row” on Main Street. The building is also known as the A.A. Heaps Building, in recognition of the 1919 General Strike leader, Alderman and Member of Parliament. The Baroque style façade is terracotta manufactured in England and hung on a steel frame. The main rotunda features Caen stone and elaborate plaster designs. There is an elaborate interior banking hall, still largely intact.

Latest News

December 1, 2016: Annual Heritage Angel Awards for Northern Ireland
December 1, 2016: New UAHS book on Young & MacKenzie
November 17, 2016: Winners of the 2016 Wood Awards Ireland are announced


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com