1911 – Allied Irish Bank, Waterford
Fine early twentieth century bank building with a wonderful curving corner entranceway. Extended, 1922, comprising single-bay three-storey end bay to east taking away the symmetry of the design. This is a strong statement of intent by the banking company, symbolising the solidity of the company through architecture. The full-height Doric pilasters and engaged columns to upper floors are symptomatic of this intent.