1920 – Railway Station, Toledo, Spain

Architect: Narciso Clavería

railway_station_lge

railway_station2_lgerailway_station2_lgerailway_station2_lgerailway_station2_lgerailway_station2_lge

railway_station2_lgerailway_station2_lge

Designed by Narciso Clavería, it was opened in 1920 and is a building with a rectangular base with three sections similar in appearance to an old Arabic palace and which is full of details: tiles showing an Arabic influence and plaster mouldings, below a harmonious combination of shapes and materials such as brick, plaster, ceramics, iron and wood.

The central section is flanked by two side naves, one of which is adjacent to the clocktower, which imitates the style of Toledo church towers. Below this the royal hall was built, because Alfonso XIII used to bring official visits to Toledo by this mode of transport.

Latest News

September 26, 2016: ‘Sustaining the Industrial Heritage” – Annual Maura Shaffrey Memorial Lecture
September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com