1920 – Railway Station, Toledo, Spain

Architect: Narciso Clavería




Designed by Narciso Clavería, it was opened in 1920 and is a building with a rectangular base with three sections similar in appearance to an old Arabic palace and which is full of details: tiles showing an Arabic influence and plaster mouldings, below a harmonious combination of shapes and materials such as brick, plaster, ceramics, iron and wood.

The central section is flanked by two side naves, one of which is adjacent to the clocktower, which imitates the style of Toledo church towers. Below this the royal hall was built, because Alfonso XIII used to bring official visits to Toledo by this mode of transport.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com