1923 – Debenham’s, St. Patrick’s Street, Cork

Architect: Chillingworth & Levie


Replacing an earlier department store that was burned down in 1920 along with most of this part of St. Patrick’s Street. A distinctive design with the oddly shaped copper dome and rendered architectural details, it has been largely well maintained over the years. Unfortunately PVC windows have been inserted into the upper storeys.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com