1927 – No 48-49 St. Patrick’s Street, Cork

Architect: W.H. Hill


Former Burtons store on St. Patrick’s Street now in use by another retailer with upper floors used as storage. A very unsympathetic shop fa├žade does this fine stone building no favours. With some love and care, this could look great. The Burtons logo is carved into the small pediment at rooflevel.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com