Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1936 – Cathedral of Learning, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: Charles Z. Klauder

cathedral_learning_lge

The building is set in a terraced lawn at the University of Pittsburgh campus on the city’s east side. The first gallery, the Nationality Rooms, commemorate the nationalities making up Pittsburgh’s population. They were designed in the styles of 17 different nations by foreign architects. It is the tallest school building in the western hemisphere (the tallest in the world is at Moscow State University); and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone