Architect: Ralph H. Byrne
This imposing if somewhat bland-looking church, sometimes mistaken for a cathedral, was designed by Ralph Byrne and completed in 1937. Its dominant features are are twin towers on the main facade, but the building’s classicism lacks real conviction. Among the many features of the church are six stained-glass windows from the Harry Clarke studios. Four of these are in the main body of the church, the others are in the mortuary and the sacristy. The window in the baptistry is by Earley of Dublin and the one in the priest’s sacristy is by Sarah Purser, the founder of An Tur Gloine.