Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1997 – SECC Clyde Auditorium, Glasgow

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook5Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architects: Foster + Partners

armadillo_lge.jpg

Designed by award-winning architect Sir Norman Foster under a very-tight budget and often called “the armadillo” by Glaswegians, this 3,000 seater building was completed in 1997. The Glasgow SECC takes a flat sheet material and employs it to clad a series of framed “˜hulls’, which wrap around the disparate elements, including the auditorium fly-tower. These overlapping, aluminium-clad shells – reflective by day and floodlit at night – create a distinctive profile on the skyline.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook5Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

Read previous post:
1888 – Templeton Building, Glasgow

Architect: William Leiper The facade which reflect the facade of the Doges' Palace in Venice, vividly advertised the oriental dyed...

Close