1908 – Union Building, 212 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario

Architect: Darling & Pearson


This headquarters building was commissioned by the Canadian General Electric Company, which was founded in the late 19th century to manufacture and distribute electrical equipment during the period when electrical power was first generated for commercial and residential use. The building with its richly embellished Edwardian Classical styling and terra cotta finish helped set the standard for the classically-embellished warehouses that appeared on King Street West in the early 20th century.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com