1740 – Former Archbishop’s Palace, Limerick
Formerly the home of the Protestant bishop of Limerick, this is a fine house with central door, five bays. The house is currently occupied by Limerick Civic Trust, and visitors are welcome. A bishop’s palace has been on this site since at least the seventeenth century and it is thought that parts of the earlier structure were incorporated, largely at basement level, within the classical eighteenth-century structure. It is among the earliest examples of a formal classical composition within the city.