1925 – Brown Thomas, St. Patrick’s Street, Cork
Built in the 1920s to the design of architect Henry H. Hill, this building replaced an earlier department store on the site which was burnt in 1920 along with several buildings on the eastern side of St. Patrick’s Street. Originally Cash’s Department Store and now part of the Brown Thomas chain of department stores, this is a fine stone building on a slightly curving site. The façade is divided into five main bays with the top floor bays divided into three further bays. Well maintained and with good quality shop façade at street level, the building has carved detailing around the first floor windows.