Architect: John L. Robinson
From The Architect, November 20, 1875: The convent and chapel illustrated in the present number have been erected in connection with St. Joseph’s Night Refuge for homeless women and children, founded some years ago by the late Rev. Dr. Spratt, the control of which, since his death, has passed into the hands of the Sisters of Mercy. Hence the necessity for a convent to accommodate the Sisters. The materials used in the building are Bridgewater brick with blue limestone dressings and black brick bands. The chapel measures C3 feet by 18 feet, with transept at one side for the use of the women in the refuge. The building has been designed by Mr. John L. Robinson, 108 Great Brunswick Street, Dublin. Mr. Joseph Kelly being contractor. The cost will exceed 7,000/.