1809 – Dawson Monument, Rockcorry, Co. Monaghan

Architect: James Wyatt

dawson_monument_lge

dawson_monument2_lgedawson_monument3_lge

An obelisk-style monument, situated between Cootehill and Rockcorry, this was erected by local electors in honour of the 18th century MP Richard Dawson of nearby Dartrey. He was returned to five successive parliaments.

Latest News

September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30
September 21, 2016: Grafton Architects to receive IDI President’s Choice Award


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com