Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1860 – Donegall Street Congregational Church, Belfast

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: William Raffles Brown

donegallstreet_chapel_lge

The original church on this site was completed in 1860, with additions in 1871 on either side by Luke Macassey. There were extensive renovations in 1898 before it was largely destroyed by fire in 1931. Rebuilt in 1932, it was rebuilt by Samuel Stevenson & Sons in 1955 again following extensive bomb damage during the Belfast Blitz of World War II.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

Read previous post:
1939 – BBC Bedford House, Belfast

Architect: James Millar Monolithic brick structure on a curved site with some simple brick detailing on stairwells to the rear.

Close