Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
June 6, 2009

Darley, Frederick (1798-1872)

From a prominent family of whom several were architects and who owned a quarry in Meath that supplied stone to many important buildings around Leinster. Darley’s most important works are the Merchant’s Hall and the King’s Inns Library in Dublin. In the 1840s he redesigned the main staircase in the King’s Inns and possibly designed the north wing of the building when it was extended. Jacob Owen designed the southern wing. He was architect to Trinity College from 1834 onwards and designer of New Square. He was a founding member of the RIAI. His home at 25 Lower Fitzwilliam Street was one of those demolished by the ESB in 1965.

Skip to toolbar
Read previous post:
Cullen, T.J. (1880-1947)

Thomas Joseph Cullen was pprenticed to Ashlin and Coleman in Dublin before practising privately from 1908 onwards. He worked on...

Close