Hicks, Frederick G. (1870-1965)
Studied at the Architectural Association and the Finsbury Technical College for Building Construction in London and was apprenticed to J.W. Stevens (1886-90). He moved to Dublin in 1890 and, after working for several offices, established his own practice in 1896. Founding member of the AAI and its President in 1896. President of the RIAI (1929-31), receiving the first Gold Medal in 1934 for the Church of St Thomas, Cathal Brugha Street, Dublin. He retired from practice in 1945.