George Halford Fellowes Prynne, was born in Plymouth, the son of the Rev. C Rundle Prynne He entered the Studio of G.E. Street in the 1870′s working at the site office in the Royal Courts of Justice in the Strand. When Street died in 1881, he left the plans for St Peters, Plymouth (where Prynne’s father had been vicar) unfinished. Prynne completed this church himself, and from this time onwards, he dedicated himself almost exclusively to ecclesiastical architecture.