1240 – Greyfriars Abbey, Waterford


Founded by the Franciscans around 1240, only the nave, chancel and an aisle remain of the original complex. It has a fine triple light east window. After the Dissolution, it was used for many years as a hospital for the people of Waterford. Now a National Monument.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com