Kilmaloda House, near Timoleague, was originally the residence of Sampson Beamish and his descendants. After World War II the MacCarthy-Morrogh family occupied the house.
“We illustrate with present issue a house, to be built for Sampson Beamish, Esq., Kilmalooda, County Cork, from the design of Mr. William H. Hill, B.E., architect, Cork. The plinth and string courses, bay windows, dressings to openings, cornice, and bands, &c., will be of chiselled Cork limestone; the external facing of walls of Allen and Mann’s white bricks. The cost is estimated at about £3,000.” Published in Irish Builder, Vol. XIV, 1872.