Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1750s – Musee de Fort, Quebec City, Quebec


Quaint little early 18th century building facing towards the Chateau Frontenac, also with Chateau-esque detailing in the corner turret and steep rooflines. Property of the king at that time, it was one of the outbuildings of the Château St. Louis, residence of the governors of New France, situated at about the same location as the current Château Frontenac.

Read previous post:
1884 – St. John the Baptist Church, Quebec City, Quebec

Architect: Joseph-Ferdinand Peachy Following the fire of 1881 that destroyed Saint-Jean Church (constructed in 1847) and almost the entire Saint-Jean-Baptiste...