1882 – Notre-Dame-de-Bon-Secours Chapel, Montreal, Quebec

churcha_lge

churcha_interior_lgechurcha_interior_lgechurcha_interior_lge

Work on the Notre-Dame-de-Bon-Secours Chapel began in 1657 at the prompting of Marguerite Bourgeoys, Ville-Marie’s first teacher and the founder of the Congrégation de Notre-Dame, a religious order. The original wooden structure was rebuilt in stone and frequently altered; its present face dates from the late 19th century. The ceiling, decorated by painter Édouard Meloche between 1886 and 1891, illustrates the life of the Virgin Mary.

Latest News

December 1, 2016: Annual Heritage Angel Awards for Northern Ireland
December 1, 2016: New UAHS book on Young & MacKenzie
November 17, 2016: Winners of the 2016 Wood Awards Ireland are announced


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com