Byrne, Patrick (1783-1864)
Studied under Henry Aaron Baker at the Dublin Society Schools. Between 1820 and 1846 he worked as a measurer and then an architect with the Wide Streets Commissioners. After Catholic Emancipation allowed church building to commence, he designed many catholic churches in the Dublin area including: St Paul’s, Arran Quay; St Audoen’s, High Street; the Church of Our Lady in Rathmines; and the Franciscan Church at Merchants Quay popularly known as Adam and Eve’s. He was vice president of the RIAI between 1854 and 1864.