Cleary, Shay (b.1951)
Studied at University College Dublin, graduating 1974. Worked with Marcel Breuer and Candilis Josic Woods in Paris and with Neave Brown at the Camden Borough Council in London before returning to Dublin in 1976. Worked as a partner with Grafton Architects (1977-80) before establishing Shay Cleary Architects in 1987. He was also a member of Group ’91 Architects. In addition to having been published extensively internationally, the work of the practice has received numerous awards. President of the AAI in 1980. He has taught at University College Dublin and Princeton University, New Jersey.