Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1873 – St Andrews Manse, Toronto, Ontario


A fine house next to St Andrews Presbyterian Church in a colonial style with a nice steep mansard roof, detailed dormer windows and rooftop decorative railing. Like many building across Eastern Canada, there was a strong reliance on Second Empire styling for more formally designed buildings. Many were later replaced by Neo-classical buildings in the early twentieth century.

Read previous post:
1884 – St Andrew By-The-Lake, Toronto, Ontario

Architect: Arthur R. Denison The moving force behind the construction of this island church was Reverend Arthur Sweatman who later...