Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
mythumbnail

1855 – St. Andrew’s Rectory, St. Andrews, Manitoba

st_andrews_rectory_lge

Built as the home of Archdeacon William Cockran, who designed the adjacent church, between 1853 and 1855, St. Andrew’s Rectory is an excellent example of mid-19th century Red River architecture. It is a two-storey structure with spacious rooms and a central hall plan. Exhibits on the main floor of the rectory interpret Red River architecture, and the roles of the Church Missionary Society and the Church of England in the settlement of the Red River and Western Canada.