1855 – St. Andrew’s Rectory, St. Andrews, Manitoba


Built as the home of Archdeacon William Cockran, who designed the adjacent church, between 1853 and 1855, St. Andrew’s Rectory is an excellent example of mid-19th century Red River architecture. It is a two-storey structure with spacious rooms and a central hall plan. Exhibits on the main floor of the rectory interpret Red River architecture, and the roles of the Church Missionary Society and the Church of England in the settlement of the Red River and Western Canada.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com