Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1847 – Widow’s Almshouses, Rockcorry, Co. Monaghan


A fine stone Georgian terrace of four houses with brick surrounds to the windows and doors. Constructed as almshouses for “destitute widows” by Joseph Griffiths.

Read previous post:
1809 – Dawson Monument, Rockcorry, Co. Monaghan

An obelisk-style monument, situated between Cootehill and Rockcorry, this was erected by local electors in honour of the 18th century...