Thomas Ivory (1732-1786)
Thomas Ivory (1732-1786) was born in Cork and was originally a carpenter. Ivory was one of the most important Irish architects until the arrival of Gandon. He was the first master of the Royal Dublin Society’s School of Architectural Drawing in 1760. He was also Surveyor to the Revenue Commissioners. His principal work in Dublin is the Blue Coat School now the Law Society at Blackhall Place.