1502 – Mauthalle, Nuremberg, Bavaria

Architect: Hans Beheim

mauthalle_lge

In times of war or siege, walled cities needed food supplies. This was one of seven large granaries in the Aldstadt in Nuremberg. It also housed the city’s municipal scales and customs office. A beautiful simple building, observe the rows of small dormer windows in the large expanse of roof.

Latest News

December 1, 2016: Annual Heritage Angel Awards for Northern Ireland
December 1, 2016: New UAHS book on Young & MacKenzie
November 17, 2016: Winners of the 2016 Wood Awards Ireland are announced


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com