Architect: Francisco Figuerola / Javier Goerlich
Puente del Mar (translated “Sea Bridge”) was for centuries the natural route over the now-diverted river to the port. It was rebuilt after flooding in 1591 that destroyed the simple wooden bridge that stood in its place. In 1933, it was pedestrianised and elegant stairs were added, as designed by Javier Goerlich. Puente del Mar consists of 10 arches measuring 15 and a half metres each. Along the top, two structures house images of the Virgin Mary and San Pascual Bailón.