Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1674 – Hotel de Ville, Lyon, France

Architect: Jules Hardouin-Mansart



The Town Hall on place des Terreaux, was rebuilt in 1674 after a fire, by architects Jules Hardouin-Mansart and Robert de Cotte. In 1792 during the French Revolution, the half-relief of Louis XIV on horseback, in the middle of the facade was removed and replaced only during the Restoration by Henry IV of France, in the same posture

Read previous post:
1993 – Opéra Nouvel, Lyon, France

Architect: Jean Nouvel In 1756, one of the first opera houses created inside an existing freestanding building was opened in...