Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1750 – No.5 South Leinster Street, Dublin

ngi_georgian_lge

Beautifully restored in 2007/08, this fine Georgian building with later Victorian external details adjoins and is surrounded by the National Gallery of Ireland wing by Benson + Forsyth. Originally intended to be demolished, it now provides visual interest and contrast to the adjoining gallery and the more austere Georgian next door.

    Read previous post:
    1948 – Post Office, Andrew Street, Dublin

    Architect: Sidney Maskell & John Fox A large building, the Post Office was built to replace an earlier on on...

    Close