1757 – St. Mark’s Church, Pearse Street, Dublin
With its main entrance front facing onto Mark Street, St Mark’s is an interesting building set back from the street still within its grassy churchyard. Built between 1729-57, the main front looks unfinished, in that perhaps a spire was intended (many Dublin churches never received their intended towers or spires). The Mark Street facade has a Diocletian window over a rusticated doorway, while the eastern facade features a Palladian window. The interior is galleried with original panelling and staircases still intact.