Architect: Robert West
Robert West the stuccodore who designed many of the finest interiors in the city lived at No. 20, a house he designed and decorated himself with very elaborate plasterwork. The house has had a varied history: it was owned by John Beresford; in 1856 it was a Protestant school where Sean O’Casey’s mother and sister were teachers; and eventually it ended up as an orphanage. The interior contains lavish plasterwork.