Architect: Thomas Cooley
Built as the chapel for the Royal Hibernian Military School, this wonderful little building is now in the grounds of St Mary’s Hospital of which the original buildings of the School are now part. The church was built on an axis with the main range and originally there a garden between the two.
A sturdy composition in Wicklow Granite, the building is crisply detailed. The tower has no steeple, but a series of octagonal stages. Altered in 1860 with the addition of a chancel and venetian window.