1795 – Church of Ireland, Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin
The church which dates from 1795 has had two enlargements. The first was in the 1820s when the tower and spire were added. There were some “improvements” by Welland & Gillespie in 1865. In 1889 it was enlarged again as it was too small for the requirements of parishioners. Today it is a fine small church that stands out amongst the mediocre recent developments that has swamped the village.
Entering the church through the doorway under the spire, a simple staircase rises to the organ loft, the entrance to the church is to the visitor’s left. The interior is surprisingly big with a large organ dominating the right hand transept. Recently, a new side chapel for contemplation has been opened.