1789 – Market House, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Architect: John Pentland



A fine stone building with a ground floor that was originally arcaded with a meeting room above. Unfortunately as in so many cases around the country, the ground level has now been filled in to provide extra accommodation. The Coat of Arms of the Charleville Estate is prominent in the pediment.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com