Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1812 – Richmond Tower, Kilmainham, Dublin

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: Francis Johnston

rhk_gate_lge

Designed by Francis Johnston (1760-1829) in a mock-Tudor style, this gateway was originally sited beside the Liffey at the foot of Watling Street and Queen’s Bridge. In 1847 when the railway opened at Heuston Station, the increased traffice along the quays meant the removal of the tower. It was removed to this site at the expense of the railway company.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

More in Architecture of Dublin City
1904 – St. Joseph’s Church, Terenure, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne Large and relatively uninteresting Gothic revival church started in 1904 but later extended in 1952, leaving the altar in the centre of the long nave, and two...

Close