1820 – Courthouse, Kilmainham, Dublin


Built in 1820 to replace an older structure, the courthouse is sited next to the former gaol. The building is finished with austere stonework and the Royal coat-of-arms in the pediment. Closed in July 2008, it is planned to become a legal museum.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com