1820 – Harbour Commissioner’s House, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin


Built in the neo-classical style with Dalkey granite in 1820. Contains an unusual staircase and is surmounted by a clock tower and signalling turret. Recently restored externally as the centrepiece of a modern office and residential complex. A proposed rebuilding by E.T. Owen of the Board of Works in 1881 was never carried out.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com