1827 – Carmelite Church, Aungier Street, Dublin
A large complex of buildings incorporating the church and friary as well as a modern community centre by Shay Cleary Architects. The church is entered by the doorway flanked by two statutes, through a long hall off which opens various rooms and shrines and finally into the rear of the church. The original church of 1827 is now the southern aisle, while the main body of the church is by an unknown architect.
The church has been remodelled many times [ a side chapel to Our Lady of Lourdes was designed by George C. Ashlin in 1876 – lastly in 1955 by R.H. Byrne. The friary buildings mask the church from Aungier Street.