1827 – Mercy International Centre, Baggot Street, Dublin

Architect: John B. Keane


In 1824, with the blessing of Dublin’s Archbishop Daniel Murray, Catherine McAuley bought land on Lower Baggot Street, and built a home for unemployed girls, homeless children and the sick and dying. She named it “House of our Blessed Lady of Mercy.” The Mercy International Centre is now the global headquarters of the Sisters of Mercy.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com