1830 – Former Gaol, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Architect: John Killay

former_jail_lge

Now the entrance to a factory, only this massive machiolated gatehouse remains of the old Gaol. Completed in 1830 the gaol received prisoners for over a hundred years until the site was cleared in 1937-8 to provide a site for a spinning mill, and is now a business park.

Latest News

September 26, 2016: ‘Sustaining the Industrial Heritage” – Annual Maura Shaffrey Memorial Lecture
September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com