Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1845 – Church of The Navity, Chapelizod, Co. Dublin

Architect: John Bourke



Built in 1845 and only costing £2,500, Chapelizod Church is an auster gothic building over a lofty crypt to raise it above the flood plain of the river Liffey which flows past it. On the road side, the crpyt isn’t visible to the casual observer. The church has a very simple vaulted interior with a later organ gallery.

Read previous post:
1844 – Courthouse, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin

Fine small stone courthouse with courtroom lit by three round-headed windows.