1845 – Old Courthouse, Howth, Co. Dublin


Detached four-bay single-storey former place of worship, c.1845, with projecting entrance porch to west gable. In use as courthouse to 1970, now in use as offices. Notice inside states that the building was originally a place of worship for fishermen. Later used as rent collection office by Lord Howth’s agents. By 1870 served as local courthouse.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com