1853 – Garda Station, Dundalk, Co. Louth
Designed as the County Gaol by John Neville, and now in use as the town’s Garda Station. This is a fine if overblown piece of architecture. Neville was the County Engineer and this was his most important commission. The main building has a four storey belvedere over an entrance arcade. This is flanked by pavilions and massive chimneys behind which are the former cell block buildings.