1854 – St James’ Church, James Street, Dublin
Designed by Patrick Byrne who designed quite a few churches within walking distance. The building is carefully adapted to an irregular site so that the off-centre axis is largely unnoticed. The interior has fine stained glass behind the main altar by Michael O’Connor. Other architects who designed interior fittings included G.C. Ashlin. In the late 1940s there was a proposal by T.J. Cullen to complete a spire on the tower.