Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1855 – Railway Station, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook1Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

station_trackside_lge

A very simple little railway station in the form of a small 5 bay building, built c.1855 by the Great Southern and Western Railway Co., flanked by set back single-bay limestone structures and with porch added to front. Well maintained there is a good cast iron footbridge spanning the tracks. This fine bridge was originally taken from Roscrea and erected at Tullamore, produced in the foundry of E. Manisty at Dundalk.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook1Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

Read previous post:
1860 – Gate house, Charleville Forest, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Detail of small gatehouse into the Charleville Forest demanse.

Close