Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
mythumbnail

1856 – St. Stephen’s Schools, Northumberland Road, Dublin

Architect: Deane & Woodward

scholars_lge

scholars_side_lgescholars_side_lge

Now converted into a small hotel and bar, this former school was designed by Deane & Woodward in 1856 for Sidney Herbert. The funds were raised by public subscription. A wonderful building with a mainly horizontal emphasis except for the small turret staircase and striking chimneys.